Monday, April 16, 2007

X-tracycle Sport Utility Bike Operational and Saving Gas!



As promised, I recently built an S.U.B. (Sport Utility Bike) from some new parts, some used parts, and an xtracycle freeloader kit. I've been riding it to work and around town here and there for errands and I must say, it is a joy to use. I carry a notoriously stuffed and heavy Patagonia Critical Mass messenger bag which is somewhat unwieldy over the shoulder on a bike, but barely noticeable nestled in one of the Freeloader bags on the xtracycle. The other day I had a 20 lb bag of dog food on one side and a big box on the other and I hauled up a hill to our house without a problem. I haven't yet taken it for the 18 mile trip to Shell Beach yet for a surf, but I have the Longloader attachment ready to go! The guys at xtracycle are enthusiastic and helpful, they are planning an xtracycle road trip with their band, The Ginger Ninjas, from San Francisco to Mexico.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice looking ride!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counter
BodenDiscount Codes